How To Control The Binge
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you want a cookie, let yourself have it but don’t go overboard. It’s all about moderation.
- Do NOT have something that you know will lead to a binge. Everyone has that item whether its chips, cake, bacon etc. that when you start, you can’t stop. Once it hits your taste buds, it’s basically a loss cause so avoid the addicting foods at all costs.
- The more you tell yourself NO, the more your brain will say YES. Don’t be too strict on yourself. If you keep telling yourself no, one day that will lead to a binge.
- When you eat something, put the rest away before you have it. If it’s in front of you, it’s too easy to go back for seconds.
- When you are finished eating dinner but your friends or family bring out dessert, simply make yourself some tea in a large travel mug. It tastes amazing, lasts a few hours and fills you up.
- Lastly, you can always just leave the room and occupy yourself somewhere else. Go take a shower, take your dog for a walk, or just watch TV in another room. Anything so you don’t have to constantly fight with yourself to stay away.