ITBF Lean Challenge
Welcome to the Inspired To Be Fit Lean Challenge! This is a challenge that I created back in 2013 to help get myself and my Instagram followers lean for summer! This is a 1-month challenge that you can start at any time of the year. Put on a few extra pounds while on vacation? ITBF Lean Challenge! Can’t get rid of that stubborn fat and looking to take your diet to the next level? ITBF Lean challenge! Have an event coming up soon? You know what to do!
The purpose of the challenge is to simplify your diet which is why its perfect for beginners. For most people just starting their health and fitness journey, it's normal to feel overwhelmed with all the information out there. Clean foods vs. dirty foods, good fats vs bad fats, high carb vs. low carb, carb cycling, portion sizes, keto, paleo, counting macros…it can all get very very confusing. My goal with the ITBF Lean Challenge is to help you see results in a healthy way and for you to actually come out of the challenge learning a thing or two about what you are putting into your body.
I am not a nutritionist and do not have any background in making meal plans. This is just something that I created to help myself get to the next level and then decided to share it with my followers who then saw some really awesome results. I made this challenge based on lots of research, personal experience and knowledge that I’ve picked up talking to professionals in the field.
The rules are simple:
- The challenge runs for 1 month. Feel free to start whenever you feel ready. You can continue the plan for more than a month if you'd like but keep in mind that it is a very strict plan and is not meant to be maintained year round.
- Practice safe portion control and moderation! You can eat SUPER healthy and still gain weight. It simply doesn’t matter how healthy something is if you are over-eating. My advice is to eat when you are hungry and make sure you are eating lots of protein, veggies and a healthy amount of carbs in each meal. Adjust for when you workout.
- You are allowed 1 cheat meal a week. Not a cheat day. Do not let your cheat meal lead to a cheat day because that might lead to a cheat week and we cannot have that!
- If its on the list, you are allowed to eat it. You are not allowed to have anything that is not included but please use your judgment on what you can and can't live without. Keep in mind though, that the closer you are to following the plan, the better the results. I get a lot of questions like, why no dairy? Why no fruit after 4pm? Why no other veggies? Those are the rules and they are set up this way for your best interest. If a ‘healthy’ food is left out that is NOT because it is unhealthy or will make you fat, but it simply just didn’t make the cut. This challenge is about simplicity.
- Accountability! Grab a friend or two and do this together. Your energy and motivation will feed off each other resulting in better success. Keep in constant contact to make sure you are on track. Just like writing down your goals, saying them out loud to friends and family keeps you accountable.
- If you do decide to embark on this challenge, please share the "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" image shown above in the slideshow on your social media pages, tag @inspiredtobefit and use the hashtag #ITBFLEANCHALLENGE to make it official. Continue to use this hashtag anytime you post anything related to the challenge. I can’t wait to see your before and afters and food creations so don't forget to tag me in them! This will also help other people that are doing the challenge and can be used as encouragement and inspiration.
This might seem intimidating and hard at first but I promise that it gets easier and you will get the hang of it quickly. As a bonus to help you succeed, I created 6 FREE printables to help you stay on track and stay organized. Failing to plan is planning to fail!
- Shopping List
- 60+ Meal & Snack Cheat Sheet 1/2
- 60+ Meal & Snack Cheat Sheet 2/2
- Monthly Planner
- Weekly Meal Planner
- Daily Planner
1. Why can you only have fruit before 4pm?
Fruit is healthy and full of vitamins and minerals, but it is also full of sugar. Many people tend to over-eat it. Having the 4pm rule will help reduce the amount of fruit eaten. Not all fruits are included in the plan - this is because it had to be concise and only a few fruits made the cut. If you simply cannot live without bananas, go ahead and eat bananas, but try to stick as closely to the plan as you can in order to see the best results.
2. Can we use any spices?
Yes! You are allowed to use spices in your cooking but try to stay away from anything high in sodium. Garlic, basil, oregano, sriracha, lemon/lime, pepper, balsamic vinegar etc. are all good options.
3. “I NEED to eat X. Can I”?
If you can't possibly have your coffee without cream, use your own discretion. The closer you follow the plan, the better the results.
4. Do I need to count calories too?
That is totally up to you. It is not necessary. Some may find it helpful, while others may not. My advice is to eat when you are hungry and make sure you are having lots of protein, veggies and a healthy amount of carbs. Adjust for when you workout.
5. What can we drink?
Your number one source of hydration should always be water. I also highly recommend having green tea a few times a day. Coconut water is also allowed. You do not need to cut out coffee but you are not allowed sugar, only stevia as a sweetener.
6. Do I need to workout while on this challenge?
It is recommended. You will see better results after a month if you do.
7. Why aren’t some of the healthy foods I love on here?
This list is meant to be condensed into only a few foods. Some foods, even though they are healthy, had to be left out.
8. Are we allowed to have protein powder?
Yes, but try to get your protein from natural sources and limited to maximum 2 scoops a day.
The ITBF Lean Challenge is a meal guide that I designed to help people lose weight and get lean! The plan is very simple. All you have to do is eat the foods on the list and nothing else. You can get as creative as you would like, as long as you stick to the plan! On average, in the first 2 weeks there were noticeable changes. Some lost 6-10 lbs and several inches!
If you have any questions feel free to email me! Remember, use your best judgment.
Ronnie is not a certified personal trainer, nutritionist or health practitioner. Always consult a physician before making changes to your health and fitness regimen.